Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Football stock report

*I am not a professional journalist.  Please keep that in mind when reading my posts.  I am just a rube who has opinions on Big Ten football, sometimes I will be right and sometimes I will be wrong.  Of course I will throw a parade in my honor when I am right. 

With spring football coming to an end within the next week across the conference I have decided to post a stock report on all Big10 (12) football teams.  *I reserve the right to change my mind by September.

Legends Division
Nebraska - hold (Let's see if Taylor Martinez can stay healthy.)
Iowa - buy (The Hawkeyes thrive when everyone doubts them.)
Minnesota - buy (Everyone and their brother will have Minnesota at the bottom of this division, but Jerry Kill can flat out coach.)
Michigan - hold (It can't get worse defensively for the Wolverines, but I'm just not sure what to expect from Brady Hoke in year 1.)
Michigan State - sell (I can't remember the last time MSU put together back to back impressive seasons.)
Northwestern - sell (You can't throw all your eggs in the basket of a player recovering from a torn Achilles.)

Leaders Division
Ohio State - buy (Don't let the 5 game suspensions fool you, their play on the field speaks for itself.
Indiana - sell (Awful defense + offensive minded coach, sound familiar?  How has that worked out for IU?)
Purdue - hold (I'm just not sure what to think of Danny Hope.)
Illinois - sell (see Michigan State, and their last season wasn't all that impressive)
Penn State - buy (Too much talent on the roster.)
Wisconsin - hold (Let's wait to see what the new qb can do, and the D has ???.)

No comments:

Post a Comment