Wednesday, November 2, 2011

B1G predictions: Week 10

Michigan State 38, Minnesota 10: Sparty will get back on track offensively in this one.  The Spartans offense has been a big disappointment so far, and the defense has been a pleasant surprise in my opinion.  I can't see Minnesota making this interesting, but then again I didn't think they had a prayer against Iowa and how did that turn out?

Ohio State 44, Indiana 3: The Buckeyes finally catch a breather in conference play after taking on Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.  IU is really reeling after losing top receiver DeMarlo Belcher for the season and the Hoosiers haven't been able to stop anyone defensively this year.

Iowa 31, Michigan 28: I don't really have a logical explanation for this pick because Iowa has struggled with mobile quarterbacks recently and Michigan has one of the best in Denard Robinson.  I just think that Iowa is too good of a football team to let a disappointing loss to Minnesota ruin their season.  Iowa absolutely smashed Michigan last year in the Big House and I think Iowa's offensive balance will be a little too much for the Wolverines to handle.  I also like the desperation factor here so I'm going with Iowa.

Nebraska 38, Northwestern 31: This one is going to be a lot closer than Cornhusker fans would like and I wouldn't be shocked if Northwestern pulls the upset, but I think Nebraska will score too often and the Huskers D will come up with a late stop to preserve the victory in Lincoln.

Wisconsin 56, Purdue 10: An angry Badgers team will take Purdue out to the proverbial woodshed.  This is going to be an old fashioned beat down.

****BONUS PICK*****
Denver Broncos 20, Oakland Raiders 17: If you follow me on twitter you know that I have a man crush on Tim Tebow.  I absolutely love everything about the guy from his work ethic, to what he stands for, his leadership, knack for the dramatic, and the way he carries himself.  After a horrible game last Sunday against the Lions and after a week of being barbecued by the national know it all's Tebow will redeem himself, sort of...  He will only complete around 50% of his passes, but will lead a late touchdown drive to propel the Broncos to their third victory of the season and the Tebow debate will once again be alive and well.  If he plays like he did last week and the Broncos get blown out I think his career as a quarterback in the NFL is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment