Wednesday, September 19, 2012

B1G predictions: Week 4

Minnesota 34, Syracuse 21: The Gophers will play their best game of the year under the lights in front of an energized crowd at TCF Bank Stadium.  Donnell Kirkwood rushes for 150 yards and Max Shortell throws 3 touchdown passes to 3 different receivers for the offense.  The Minnesota defense sacks Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib 5 times as Minnesota starts the season 4-0 for the first time since 2008.

Wisconsin 41, UTEP 17: The Wisconsin offense is eventually going to retrieve its head from its ass.  I think this is the weekend for that.  Joel Stave just tries to not trip the running backs as he hands off to Montee Ball, James White, and Melvin Gordon in a route.

Iowa 38, Central Michigan 17: Boy the days of Brian Kelly and Butch Jones coaching the Chippewas seem like a long time ago don't they?  This is a really bad Central Michigan team, I mean really bad.  Vandenberg and his receivers get on the same page in a warm up for rival Minnesota next week at Kinnick.

Ohio State 41, UAB 13: I think Urbn Meyer enjoys beating the snot out of teams from the South.   You know the Pontiff is chomping at the bit to get a crack at Saban in the BCS next year.

Northwestern 38, South Dakota 13: Pat Fitzgerald will empty his bench in this glorified scrimmage.

Penn State 21, Temple 17: The Nittany Lions won't need a late FG to win this one.  So they have that going for them, which is nice....

Nebraska 48, Idaho State 7: I have no idea what Idaho State's nickname is nor do I care.  Dear lord the games this week are dog shit.

Michigan State 52, Eastern Michigan 3: Sparty plays Eastern Michigan in the 4th week of preseason action in the NFL.

Michigan 24, Notre Dame 21:  Finally!  A living breathing game.  You know the games are garbage when Minnesota vs. Syracuse, the battle of the 1960's powers, is the second best game this week.  You know I don't think Notre Dame is that good and I don't think Michigan is as limited as others think.  The bottom line is I don't trust Notre Dame's offense late in a close game against a good team.   I welcome Notre Dame to prove me wrong.  It just smells like a Notre Dame loss this week.  Denard Robinson leads a late 4th quarter drive and Notre Dame does absolutely nothing in it's last possession.

Illinois 27, Louisiana Tech 13: I think Louisiana Tech is the Bulldogs, but I'm not real sure.  At any rate I think I would rather watch my neighbor paint his garage than this game.

Overall record: 28-8 (.778)

No comments:

Post a Comment